It is more faster and easier to pass the Oracle 1Z0-053 exam by using Download Oracle Oracle Database 11g: Administration II questuins and answers. Immediate access to the Most up-to-date 1Z0-053 Exam and find the same core area 1Z0-053 questions with professionally verified answers, then PASS your exam with a high score now.
NEW QUESTION 1
Which statement is true about a Scheduler-generated event?
- A. It can be generated when a file arrives on the file system.
- B. it indicates state changes that occur within the Scheduler itself.
- C. it is raised by an application that is consumed by the Scheduler to start a job.
- D. it requires jobs to be defined with an event condition and a queue specification.
Consuming Job State Events with your Application
To consume job state events, your application must subscribe to the Scheduler event queue
SYS.SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QUEUE. This queue is a secure queue and is owned by SYS. To create a subscription to this queue for a user, do the following:
1. Log in to the database as the SYS user or as a user with the MANAGE ANY QUEUE privilege.
2. Subscribe to the queue using a new or existing agent.
3. Run the package procedure DBMS_AQADM.ENABLE_DB_ACCESS as follows: DBMS_AQADM.ENABLE_DB_ACCESS(agent_name, db_username); where agent_name references the agent that you used to subscribe to the events queue, and db_username is the user for whom you want to create a subscription.
There is no need to grant dequeue privileges to the user. The dequeue privilege is granted
on the Scheduler event queue to PUBLIC.
NEW QUESTION 2
You executed the following command in Recovery Manager (RMAN): RMAN> REPORT NEED BACKUP days 3;
What is the output of this command?
- A. a list of files that require a backup within three days
- B. a list of files requiring more than 3 days of archive logs to apply
- C. a list of files that RMAN recommends be backed up only once in every three days, based on low volatility
- D. a list of files for which a backup has already been performed in the last three days and which is required to be backed up again based on the high number of transactions performed on them
Using RMAN REPORT NEED BACKUP with Different Retention Policies (link)
You can specify different criteria for REPORT NEED BACKUP, using one of the following forms of the command:
REPORT NEED BACKUP RECOVERY WINDOW OF n DAYS
Displays objects requiring backup to satisfy a recovery window-based retention policy REPORT NEED BACKUP REDUNDANCY n
Displays objects requiring backup to satisfy a redundancy-based retention policy REPORT NEED BACKUP DAYS n
Displays files that require more than n days' worth of archived redo log files for recovery REPORT NEED BACKUP INCREMENTAL n
Displays files that require application of more than n incremental backups for recovery
NEW QUESTION 3
Which two statements are true about a job chain? (Choose two.)
- A. A job chain can contain a nested chain of jobs.
- B. The jobs in a job chain cannot have more than one dependency.
- C. A job of the CHAIN type can be run using event-based or time-based schedules.
- D. The jobs in a job chain can be executed only by using the events generated by the Scheduler
Defining Chain Steps
After creating a chain object, you define one or more chain steps. Each step can point to one of the following:
✑ A Scheduler program object (program)
✑ Another chain (a nested chain)
✑ An event schedule, inline event, or file watcher
You define a step that points to a program or nested chain by using the DEFINE_CHAIN_STEP procedure. An example is the following, which adds two steps tomy_chain1:
NEW QUESTION 4
When manually configuring the SGA, which of the following parameter changes requires an instance restart to take effect?
- A. DB_CACHE_SIZE
- B. SHARED_POOL_SIZE
- C. LARGE_POOL_SIZE
- D. JAVA_POOL_SIZE
- E. SGA_MAX_SIZE
- F. SORT_AREA_SIZE
NEW QUESTION 5
You work in a data warehouse environment that involves the execution of complex queries. The current content of the SQL cache contains the ideal workload for analysis. You want to analyze only a few most resource-intensive statements.
What must you do to receive recommendations on efficient use of indexes and materialized views to improve query performance?
- A. Run the SQL Access Advisor.
- B. Run the SQ; Tuning Advisor (STA).
- C. Run the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) report.
- D. Run the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM).
In addition, SQL Access Advisor can recommend partitioning on an existing unpartitioned base table to improve performance. Furthermore, it may recommend new indexes and materialized views that are themselves partitioned. While creating new partitioned indexes and materialized view is no different from the unpartitioned case, partitioning existing base tables should be executed with care. This is especially true when indexes, views, constraints, or triggers are defined on the table. See "Special Considerations when Script Includes Partitioning Recommendations" for a list of issues involving base table partitioning for performing this task online.
NEW QUESTION 6
Examine the output of the query that you executed to list the objects in the recycle bin:
You verified that no table named SALES_TAB exists in the schema. Then you executed the following command to purge the objects in the recycle bin:
SQL> PURGE TABLE sales_tab;
What would be the outcome of this command?
- A. All three tables in the recycle bin are purged
- B. Only the table with the oldest DROPSCN is purged
- C. The command returns an error because multiple entries with the same name exist in the recycle bin
- D. Only the table with the latest DROPSCN is purged
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following describes how a distributed resumable transaction behaves?
- A. The resumable setting on the initiating session determines the resumable conditions for the entire distributed transaction.
- B. The resumable setting for the initiating instance determines the resumable conditions for the entire distributed transaction.
- C. The resumable setting on the initiating session controls only that part of the transaction that occurs within the local instance; remote resumable settings determine the behavior of the distributed parts of the transaction.
- D. None of the above.
NEW QUESTION 8
View the Exhibit and examine the Data Pump architecture. Identify the numbered components.
- A. 1 - Oracle Loader, 2 - Oracle Data Pump, 3 - Direct Path API
- B. 1 - Oracle Data Pump, 2 - Direct Path API, 3 - Oracle Loader
- C. 1 - Direct Path API, 2 - Oracle Loader, 3 - Oracle Data Pump
- D. 1 - Oracle Loader, 2 - Direct Path API, 3 - Oracle Data Pump
NEW QUESTION 9
You are using recovery Manager (RMAN) with a recovery catalog to backup up your production database. The backups and the archived redo log files are copied to a tape drive on a daily basis. The database was open and transactions were recorded in the redo logs. Because of fire in the building you lost your servers having the production database and the recovery catalog database. The archive log files generated after the last backup are intact on one of the remote locations.
While performing a disaster recovery of the production database what is the next step that you must perform after restoring the data files and applying archived redo logs?
- A. Open the database in NORMAL mode
- B. Open the database in read-only mode
- C. Open the database in RESTRICTED mode
- D. Open the database with the RESETLOGS option
Recovering the Database After a Disaster
The procedure for disaster recovery is similar to the procedure for recovering the database with a backup control file in NOCATALOG mode. If you are restoring the database to a new host, then you should also review the considerations described in "Restoring a Database on a New Host".
This scenario assumes that the Linux server on which your database was running has been damaged beyond repair. Fortunately, you backed up the database to Oracle Secure Backup and have the tapes available. The scenario assumes the following:
✑ Oracle Database is already installed on the new host.
✑ You are restoring the database to a new Linux host with the same directory structure as the old host.
✑ You have one tape drive containing backups of all the data files and archived redo logs through log 1124, and autobackups of the control file and server parameter file.
✑ You do not use a recovery catalog with the database.
To recover the database on the new host:
1. If possible, restore or re-create all relevant network files such as tnsnames.ora and listener.ora and a password file.
2. Start RMAN and connect to the target database instance.
At this stage, no initialization parameter file exists. If you have set ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME, then you can use operating system authentication to connect as SYSDBA. For example, start RMAN as follows:
RMAN> CONNECT TARGET
3. Specify the DBID for the target database with the SET DBID command, as described in "Restoring the Server Parameter File".
For example, enter the following command: SET DBID 676549873;
4. Run the STARTUP NOMOUNT command.
When the server parameter file is not available, RMAN attempts to start the instance with a dummy server parameter file.
5. Allocate a channel to the media manager and then restore the server parameter file from autobackup. For example, enter the following command to restore the server parameter file from Oracle Secure Backup:
ALLOCATE CHANNEL c1 DEVICE TYPE sbt; RESTORE SPFILE FROM AUTOBACKUP;
6. Restart the instance with the restored server parameter file. STARTUP FORCE NOMOUNT;
7. Write a command file to perform the restore and recovery operation, and then execute the command file.
The command file should do the following:
a. Allocate a channel to the media manager.
b. Restore a control file autobackup (see "Performing Recovery with a Backup Control File and No Recovery Catalog").
c. Mount the restored control file.
d. Catalog any backups not recorded in the repository with the CATALOG command.
e. Restore the data files to their original locations. If volume names have changed, then run SET
NEWNAME commands before the restore operation and perform a switch after the restore operation to update the control file with the new locations for the data files, as shown in the following example.
f. Recover the data files. RMAN stops recovery when it reaches the log sequence number specified.
# Manually allocate a channel to the media manager ALLOCATE CHANNEL t1 DEVICE TYPE sbt;
# Restore autobackup of the control file. This example assumes that you have
# accepted the default format for the autobackup name. RESTORE CONTROLFILE FROM AUTOBACKUP;
# The set until command is used in case the database
# structure has changed in the most recent backups, and you want to
# recover to that point in time. In this way RMAN restores the database
# to the same structure that the database had at the specified time. ALTER DATABASE MOUNT;
SET UNTIL SEQUENCE 1124 THREAD 1; RESTORE DATABASE;
The following example of the RUN command shows the same scenario except with new file names for the restored data files:
# If you must restore the files to new locations,
# use SET NEWNAME commands:
SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 1 TO '/dev/vgd_1_0/rlvt5_500M_1'; SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 2 TO '/dev/vgd_1_0/rlvt5_500M_2'; SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 3 TO '/dev/vgd_1_0/rlvt5_500M_3'; ALLOCATE CHANNEL t1 DEVICE TYPE sbt;
RESTORE CONTROLFILE FROM AUTOBACKUP; ALTER DATABASE MOUNT;
SET UNTIL SEQUENCE 124 THREAD 1; RESTORE DATABASE;
SWITCH DATAFILE ALL; # Update control file with new location of data files. RECOVER DATABASE;
8. If recovery was successful, then open the database and reset the online logs: ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS;
NEW QUESTION 10
View the Exhibit that sets the threshold for the Current Open Cursors Count metric. Why is the Significance Level threshold type not available in the threshold setting?
- A. because AWR baseline is not enabled
- B. because Current Open Cursors Count is not a basic metric
- C. because the STATISTICS_LEVEL parameter is set to BASIC
- D. because the AWR baseline is a system-defined moving window baseline
NEW QUESTION 11
How many database instances are used during a database-duplication process?
- A. One
- B. Two
- C. Three
- D. Four
- E. Five
NEW QUESTION 12
Your database is running in ARCHIVELOG mode. You are performing a user-managed backup of the DATA1 tablespace. You place the DATA1 tablespace in backup mode by issuing the following statement: ALTER TABLESPACE data1 BEGIN BACKUP;
While you are performing the backup, an error occurs that causes the instance to terminate abnormally.
Which statement about the DATA1 tablespace is true?
- A. The DATA1 tablespace is automatically taken out of backup mode when the instance aborts.
- B. If you restart the database, the DATA1 tablespace will be automatically taken out of backup mode when the database is opened.
- C. If you restart the database, the DATA1 tablespace will be automatically taken out of backup mode when the database is mounted.
- D. If you restart the database, the database will not be opened.
After database instance failure, the BEGIN BACKUP option would not obtain the tablespace online, it will be OFFLINE mode. so that the instance cannot load the database file online.
NEW QUESTION 13
How long will this backup be allowed to run?
Backup as compressed backupset duration 2:00 minimize load database;
- A. 2 minutes
- B. 2 hours
- C. 2 days
- D. The command will generate an error.
- E. This backup is not constrained by any time limitation.
NEW QUESTION 14
View the Exhibit and examine the data manipulation language (DML) operations that you performed on the NEWEMP table. Note that the first two updated are not listed by the Flashback Versions Query.
What could be the reason? Exhibit:
- A. The first two updated were not explicitly committed.
- B. ALTER TABLE caused the recycle bin to release the space.
- C. The data definition language (DDL) operation caused a log switch.
- D. Flashback Versions Query stops producing versions of rows that existed before a change in the table structure.
NEW QUESTION 15
You are managing an Oracle 11g database with ASM storage, for which the COMPATIBLE initialization parameter is set to 11.1.0. In the ASM instance, the COMPATIBLE.RDBMS attribute for the disk group is set to 10.2 and the COMPATIBLE.ASM attribute is set to 11.1.
Which two statements are true in this scenario for the features enabled for ASM? (Choose two.)
- A. The ASM-preferred mirror read feature is enabled.
- B. The ASM supports variable sizes for extents of 1, 8, and 64 allocation units.
- C. The ASM disk is dropped immediately from a disk group when it becomes unavailable.
- D. The RDBMS always reads the primary copy of a mirrored extent of the ASM disk group.
NEW QUESTION 16
User SCOTT wants to back out the transactions on the REGIONS table in his schema. As a DBA, which commands must you execute to enable SCOTT to flash back the transactions? (Choose four.)
- A. ALTER DATABASE FLASHBACK ON;
- B. GRANT SELECT ANY TRANSACTION TO scott;
- C. GRANT EXECUTE ON dbms_flashback TO scott;
- D. ALTER DATABASE ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG DATA;
- E. ALTER TABLESPACE undots1 RETENTION GUARANTEE;
- F. ALTER DATABASE ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG DATA (PRIMARY KEY) COLUMNS;
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following are valid until command options when attempting point-in-time recovery in RMAN? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. until time
- B. until change
- C. until sequence
- D. until SCN
- E. until commit
NEW QUESTION 18
Which is NOT a valid way of backing up a control file?
- A. Backing up the control file to trace
- B. Copying the existing control file of the database to the backup location during a hot backup
- C. Copying the existing control file of the database to the backup location during a cold backup
- D. Creating a backup control file
- E. Using the create controlfile command
NEW QUESTION 19
You want to configure the Flashback Database feature and retain flashback logs for three days.
Presently the database is open and configured in ARCHIVELOG mode. The following steps must be performed in the correct sequence to do this:
1. Set the retention target:
SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_FLASHBACK_RETENTION_TARGET=4320;
2. Enable Flashback Database:
SQL> ALTER DATABASE FLASHBACK ON;
3. Mount the database:
SQL> STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE
4. Shutdown the instance:
SQL> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
5. Open the database:
SQL> ALTER DATABASE OPEN;
Choose the correct sequence.
- A. 4, 1, 3, 2, 5
- B. 4, 3, 1, 2, 5
- C. 2, 4, 3, 5, 1
- D. 4, 2, 5, 3, 1
NEW QUESTION 20
In your database, the LDAP_DIRECTORY_SYSAUTH initialization parameter has been set to YES and the users who need to access the database as DBAs have been granted SYSDBA enterprise role in Oracle Internet Directory (OID). SSL and the password file have been configured. A user SCOTT with the SYSDBA privilege tries to connect to the
database instance from a remote machine using the command:
$ SQLPLUS scott/tiger@DB01 AS SYSDBA Which DB01 is the net service name.
Which authentication method would be used first?
- A. authentication by password file
- B. authentication by using certificates over SSL
- C. authentication by using the Oracle Internet Directory
- D. authentication by using the local OS of the database server
NEW QUESTION 21
Why should you back up a duplicated tablespace after a TSPITR is complete?
- A. The tablespace cannot be duplicated or restored to any point in time after the duplication.
- B. The tablespace cannot be duplicated or restored to the point in time before the duplication.
- C. The entire database cannot be restored after a TSPITR, so a backup is required.
- D. You cannot bring the tablespace online until its been backed up.
- E. There is no requirement to do so, as RMAN will back up the tablespace after the TSPITR.
NEW QUESTION 22
When running the tablespace point-in-time command
recover tablespace users
until time '10/06/2008:22:42:00'
auxiliary destination 'c:\oracle\auxiliary'; You receive the following error:
What is the likely cause of the error?
- A. The database is in ARCHIVELOG mode.
- B. There is not a current backup of the database available.
- C. The USERS tablespace has dependent objects in other tablespaces and can not be a part of a TSPITR alone.
- D. The USERS tablespace is not eligible for TSPITR because it has invalid objects.
- E. The recover tablespace command is incorrect and generates the error.
NEW QUESTION 23
The OPTIMIZER_USE_PLAN_BASELINES parameter is set to TRUE. The optimizer generates a plan for a SQL statement but does not find a matching plan in the SQL plan baseline.
Which two operations are performed by the optimizer in this scenario? (Choose two.)
- A. The optimizer adds the new plan to the plan history.
- B. The optimizer selects the new plan for the execution of the SQL statement.
- C. The optimizer adds the new plan to the SQL plan baseline as an accepted plan.
- D. The optimizer adds the new plan to the SQL plan baseline but not in the ENABLED state.
- E. The optimizer costs each of the accepted plans in the SQL plan baseline and picks the one with the lowest cost.
15.2.2 Selecting SQL Plan Baselines
During the SQL plan baseline selection phase, Oracle Database detects plan changes based on the stored plan history, and selects plans to avoid potential performance regressions for a set of SQL statements.
Each time the database compiles a SQL statement, the optimizer does the following:
1. Uses a cost-based search method to build a best-cost plan
2. Tries to find a matching plan in the SQL plan baseline
3. Does either of the following depending on whether a match is found:
✑ If found, then the optimizer proceeds using the matched plan
✑ If not found, then the optimizer evaluates the cost of each accepted plan in the SQL plan baseline and selects the plan with the lowest cost
The best-cost plan found by the optimizer that does not match any plans in the plan history for the SQL statement represents a new plan. The database adds this plan as a nonaccepted plan to the plan history. The database does not use the new plan until it is verified to not cause a performance regression. However, if a change in the system (such as a dropped index) causes all accepted plans to become non-reproducible, then the optimizer selects the best-cost plan. Thus, the presence of a SQL plan baseline causes the optimizer to use conservative plan selection strategy for the SQL statement.
To enable the use of SQL plan baselines, set the OPTIMIZER_USE_SQL_PLAN_BASELINES initialization parameter to TRUE (default). A SQL plan baseline contains one or more accepted plans.
The plan history is the set of plans, both accepted and not accepted, that the optimizer generates for a SQL statement over time, the plans in the baseline form a subset of the plan history. For example, after the optimizer generates the first acceptable plan for a SQL plan baseline, subsequent plans are part of the plan history but not part of the plan baseline.
NEW QUESTION 24
Your company wants to upgrade the production database to a Real Application Clusters (RAC) environment.
You set up the best RAC database and want to replay a recorded workload captured from the production database on the test machine.
The following steps may be used to replay the database workload:
1) Preprocess the captured workload
2) Restart the database in RESTRICTED mode.
3) Set up Replay Clients.
4) Restore the test database to the point when the capture started.
5) Remap connections.
Which is the correct sequence of the required steps?
- A. 1, 4, 3, 5
- B. 1, 4, 5, 3
- C. 2, 1, 5, 3, 4
- D. 1, 2, 4, 5, 3
11.1 Steps for Replaying a Database Workload
Proper planning of the workload replay and preparation of the replay system ensures that the replay will be accurate. Before replaying a database workload, review and complete the
following steps as appropriate:
✑ Setting Up the Replay Directory
✑ Restoring the Database
✑ Resolving References to External Systems
✑ Remapping Connections
✑ User Remapping
✑ Specifying Replay Options
✑ Using Filters with Workload Replay
✑ Setting Up Replay Clients
NEW QUESTION 25
View the Exhibit to examine the parameter values. You are planning to set the value for the
MEMORY_TARGET parameter of your database instance. What value would you assign?
- A. 1440 MB
- B. 90 MB
- C. 362 MB
- D. 272 MB
NEW QUESTION 26
P.S. Surepassexam now are offering 100% pass ensure 1Z0-053 dumps! All 1Z0-053 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.surepassexam.com/1Z0-053-exam-dumps.html (698 New Questions)